- 2016 Profile of International Buying Activity in U.S. Residential Real Estate
- State-by-State International Business Reports
- Local Market Assessment Reports: Missouri and Nevada
- Realtor.com International Traffic Reports (updated monthly)
2. International Presence at 2016 REALTORS® Conference & Expo: The international presence at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo was stronger than ever in 2016. This year we had nearly 1,500 international attendees from 68 countries (our highest country count yet!) join us in Orlando.
During Global Day we announced that realtor.com® International has been relaunched with a new innovative design, making it mobile responsive. The improvements also provide easier access to search criteria, making it intuitive for consumers to find their dream home.
Along with a full schedule of events slated throughout Global Day (including one exciting raffle), we held our first all-in-one Meet the World Networking session. Each country was represented in the Global Networking Pavilion for this session and all attendees were invited to meet delegates from our partner countries. Nearly 200 hundred REALTORS® stopped by, making this event a huge success and tradition going into next year.
2016 was also the first year we offered a full day of educational classes, presented and delivered completely in Spanish. This event was also well-attended and brought lots of excitement, especially to those whose native language is Spanish.
We encourage you to join us for the 2017 REALTORS® Conference & Expo, taking place November 3-6 in Chicago, also home to NAR’s headquarter office.
3. Global Awards:
a. International REALTOR® Member of the Year: This honor was awarded to Fernando Garcia Erviti, CIPS for his ongoing commitment to promoting the REALTOR® organization and brand outside the U.S.
b. Global Achievement Award Winners: This year we awarded our outstanding Global Business Councils in four different categories including Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. This was the first year we awarded our highest honor, the Diamond Award to the Miami Association of REALTORS®, for achieving Platinum status five consecutive years. Click here to see all of the 2016 winners.
4. CIPS Pinning Breakfast at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo: This year we pinned over 800 new CIPS designees at our annual breakfast and networking event. We look forward to pinning many more in the coming year.
5. 5-day CIPS Institutes: In 2016 we held a total of 38 5-day CIPS Institutes in 7 different countries listed below:
- United States (27)
- Canada (4)
- United Arab Emirates (3)
- Costa Rica
We are planning a full schedule of institutes in 2017 in some fun locations in the U.S. and abroad! Click here for the full schedule (updated regularly).
6. Nar.realtor Translation: We announced mid-year that nar.realtor is now easily-translated into 11 different languages aside from English on desktop computers, laptops, iPads and mobile devices. Click here to see how the translation tool works.
7. NAR Presence at 2016 MIPIM in Cannes, France: NAR was proud to host the USA Pavilion at the MIPIM in Cannes, France for the second year. In 2016, the event drew more than 23,000 attendees from 89 countries, including 2,400 investors seeking opportunities.
In 2017 we are excited to host an expanded space for the USA Pavilion. Click here to read about NAR’s involvement in MIPIM or for more information on how to attend.
8. New Global Partnerships: In 2016 we established partnerships with two new Cooperating Associations in Mongolia and Serbia. NAR maintains these formal relationships with more than 80 organized real estate associations around the world, giving REALTORS® confidence in working with professionals that abide by a code of ethics. These partnerships are also helpful in maintaining worldwide brand awareness.
To learn more about these partnerships and NAR’s influence and presence around the world, check out the December issue of Global Perspectives.
9. EB-5 Updates: Though the EB-5 investment visa was set to expire in 2016, Congress twice issued Continuing Resolutions to keep the program active (as-is) through April 2017. To recap, the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is meant to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors in exchange for a U.S. visa. Changes to EB-5 are likely to effect your global business, no matter where you are located. Keeping you up to date this year was on the top of our list of priorities.
Click here for our latest update on what the coming year may bring for EB-5.
10. REALTOR® Team Store Goes Global: The REALTOR® Team Store, NAR’s official online marketplace, recently announced that they are now accepting international orders. The REALTOR® Team Store offers a large variety of REALTOR® branded clothing, accessories, marketing materials, and more! Lose your REALTOR® “R” pin? Here’s where you can obtain another! To celebrate, we’re offering 10% off your first international order! This is a one-time discount and applies only to orders shipped outside the United States. Use coupon code NarGlobal.
Click here to browse all available products and show the world you are a proud REALTOR®!
While this list includes our top 10 highlights, it’s not inclusive to all our best moments this year. The truth is there were many moments that we would consider a highlight, so many that we could not possibly fit them all on a single list! Our team has a lot in store for 2017 including two new CIPS member benefits on the horizon, eased navigation on the International REALTOR® Member benefits web page, translation of even more REALTOR® web and print materials, and much more! So stay tuned! Until then, we wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead!